The Mull Music Festival
The Mull Music Festival 2014 is expected to held on 25th, 26th and 27th April. The festival is an informally-organised weekend of Scottish music featuring folk-rock bands, traditional fiddle & accordion dance and ceilidh bands, and Gaelic singers. It usually takes place over the last weekend in April, in several hotel and bar venues in Tobermory and Dervaig. The events are not ticketted, and most are very crowded!
This is not an official festival page so the dates could be subject to change. Up-to-date information can be obtained from the individual venues. The dates for the last festival were 26th, 27th and 28th April 2013.
2013 Mull Music Festival Bands & Artists
At The Mishnish Hotel, Tobermory:
Playing Friday Night, all day Saturday and Sunday:
The Raggaels, Houghmagandie, The O'Cajunals, The Mad Ferret Band, Robert Nairn Ceilidh Band, Shenanigans, Marie Fielding & Friends.
Plus impromptu sessions and surprises in store.
Bar food available.
Visit the Mishnish website or the Mishnish Facebook page or call 01688 302 009
At MacGochan's Bar & Restaurant, Tobermory:
- Friday: 4pm Crooked Reel, 7.30pm Lost In Audio, 11.30pm Chunks.
- Saturday: 12pm Trail West (CD launch), 4pm Gunna Sound, 8pm Calum Iain MacCorquodale, Martin Pottinger and Runrig's Malcolm Jones, 11.30pm Rhythm & Reel.
- Sunday: 12pm Calum Iain MacCorquodale, Martin Pottinger and Runrig's Malcolm Jones, 4pm Skerryvore, 7.30pm Gunna Sound, 11.30pm Chunks.
At The MacDonald Arms, Tobermory:
All weekend: Hector MacFadyen Ceilidh Band (see video).
Plus various sessions throughout the weekend.
Bar food available.
Call 01688 302 011
At Park Lodge Hotel:
- Friday night: Resident Band - Stretch Dawrson (guitar), Duncan Black (accordion) and Denis Morrison (keyboard).
- Saturday 2pm: Children and adult competitions, cash prizes and cups to be won.
- Saturday night: Traditional music followed by Union Avenue.
- Sunday afternoon: Open Mike - come up and have a tune!
- Sunday night: Ceilidh with resident bands.
At The Bellachroy Hotel, Dervaig:
- Friday 3pm: Fonty & Annabell
- Friday 9.30pm: Crooked Reel
- Saturday daytime: Fonty & Annabell
- Saturday early evening: Ho-ro - Sean Cousins (guitar), Calum MacPhail (accordion) & Rachael MacDonald (vocals, bagpipes, tin whistle)
- Saturday 9.30pm: The Dave Fleming Trio
- Sunday from midday: The Dream Team - Fergie MacDonald & Addie Harper
- Sunday 9.30pm: Rod Stewart Tribute