Tobermory Restaurants, Shops & Bars
Tobermory is a popular, vibrant and colourful town. It was once the setting for the BBC children's television programme Balamory. The island of Mull offers many natural attractions and activities including sailing, fishing, birdwatching, marine wildlife trips, hillwalking and much more.
Tobermory's Main Street, next to Back Brae Lodge, encapsulates the full range of Scottish island life! From North to South:
- Caledonian MacBrayne - booking office and ferry terminal for sailings to Kilchoan, Ardnamurchan
- Lifeboat Station - with gift shop
- Café Fish & The Pier Café - acclaimed seafood restaurant upstairs with café downstairs
- Ronnie Leckie's Picture Gallery - original artwork of local landscapes
- The Mishnish Hotel, Pub & Restaurant
- Catriona's Hair & Beauty Salon
- Tobermory Corner Shop - Balamory merchandise
- Sagar Indian Restaurant
- Tackle & Books - fishing gear, bookshop and more
- Laundry - with gift shop
- SYHA Youth Hostel - budget accommodation
- Tobermory Gift Shop - arts, crafts and gifts
- Seafare - chandlery for all boating needs and desires
- Mull Museum - artefacts of Mull's history
- Clydesdale Bank - with ATM cash machine
- Isle Of Mull Leather - hand-crafted products
- Brown's Tobermory - hardware emporium
- Golden Dragon - Chinese restaurant
- Tobermory Bakery & Tea Room
- Failté Guest House
- Hebridean Whale & Dolphin Trust - exhibition and sightings news
- Crystal Palace - Chinese restaurant
- The Co-Operative (Co-Op) - the largest grocery store on the island - opening hours 7am-10pm (Sunday opens 12.30pm)
- Fisherman's Pier Chip Van - fresh fish cooked to order
- Town Clock & Pier
- Galleon Grill Restaurant
- The Gallery - gifts
- Aros Hall - community events and visitor information
- Tobermory Evangelical Church
- Isle Of Mull Silver & Goldsmiths
- Mull Pottery
- Tobermory Pharmacy
- The MacDonald Arms - friendly local bar, with food and rooms
- Island Crafts
- Isle Of Mull Soap Co - natural soaps and gifts.
- Tobermory Hotel
- Carnaburg Guest House
- Tobermory Handmade Chocolate - café & shop
- Harbour Guest House
- Scottish Hydro Electric - consumer goods
- Masonic Hall - summer trade exhibition
- The Post Office
- Trek Tobermory - clothes and shoes
- Tobermory Distillery - Tobermory and Ledaig single malt whisky
- Mackay's Garage - fuel, car hire and repairs
- MacGochan's Pub & Restaurant - with outdoor seating
- Visitor Information
- Taigh Solais - harbour visitor information, aquarium & marine exhibition, laundry & showers
- Tobermory Harbour - pontoons for boat mooring
Tobermory restaurant reviews
Tobermory restaurant, shop and activity reviews written by Back Brae Lodge guests.
Things To Do on Mull
What's On this year on Mull - the Round & About Events Diary.
The Mull Music Festival takes place over the last weekend in April.
The Mull Rally takes place mid-October.
Comar offers a superb selection of year-round music, visual arts and theatre.
Local news and information
The Oban Times is the main local newspaper.
Round & About is an independent monthly magazine established serving the islands of Mull, Iona, Ulva and the surrounding area.
For up-to-date Tobermory and Mull-related information, visit Tobermory.co.uk